In an effort to make our staff more relatable to you, the members, we asked our employees what their resolutions are for the upcoming year! They varied from personal improvement, mental and physical discipline to political activism.
Here at the club, we encourage personal growth for all employees. We wish them the best of luck in 2020. From our club to you, we wish you nothing but health, wealth and happiness in the coming year.
Let's get to the resolutions!
Club Pro Guy, Head Golf Professional
- Threaten to quit right before the member/guest in an effort to leverage a higher salary from the club
- Be more passive aggressive
- Use the members as a captive audience to tell them about my new side business with Amway
- Finish top 3 in Thursday Night Men's League (overall) and win at least 1 week outright
- Hit piss missiles with my new Lynx Black Cat prototype two iron
- Get pre-qualified in order to lease a 2002 (or newer) Miata
- Have sex with Vikram Kothery's wife
- Break 75 (white tees)
- Less time researching unique tee gifts, more time "just giving out shop credit"
- Get on staff with Honma
Darrel Bevins, Head Course Marshall
- Work to get Donald J. Trump re-elected by any and all means possible
- Get Ernesto to remove the governor on my marshal cart
- Defend and protect the constitution of the United States of America
- Become a state-certified crossbow instructor
- Donate more time with the Minute Man Project protecting the southern border
- Eat a little bit better
Miguel Vega, Head Groundskeeper
- Visit mama in Oaxaca, for she is in poor health
- Remove at least eight of the 20 dead tree stumps on course grounds
- Learn two new songs to play on guitar
- Go to Sporting Kansas City futbol game
- Add many many railroad ties to golf course
Anastasia Adams, Beverage Cart Attendant
- Lose three pounds (ugh!)
- STOP answering texts from my ex-boyfriend, Derrick after 2am. Only hang out with him during daylight hours (New Year’s Eve doesn’t count lol)
- Spend more time on Instagram
- Get credit score above 600
- Hang out more in the bar at Capital Grill on weekday evenings so I can meet a guy who will eventually buy me a car
Deandre Barnes, Snack Bar Cook
Declined to participate
Chip Kennedy, Club General Manager
- Book more corporate outings
- Raise dues another 12%From all of us, to all of you, have a happy and safe New Year.